Monday, February 20, 2006

More old pics, Balik Pulau 2004


The area is amongst some prawn breeding facilities in Balik Pulau...not sure if it was an ex-paypond or not, but it was a nice place. My old classmate's dad, Dr. Hia invited me to join him there.


The pond at Balik Pulau


Lots of tarpons streaking about as evening came by. I was spinning and Dr. Hia broke out his fly-fishing equipment.

Tarpon on Yozuri Minnow


Fly-fishing truly is interesting. The line whipping about, dancing and teasing the surface of the pond... I made a note to give it a try back then...

Dr. Hia and his tarpon, on fly

Even to this day however, lack of access to the gear and a teacher has made me put this off till a future date...

I will get about to doing it!!!...*soon*

: /

1 comment:

Doc said...

Hah I know Dr Heah too...trying to get me to fly fish.